Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Signs of distress

It had already been "one of those days".
Christopher would burst into tears at the slightest thing. I thought getting out of the house would help. Besides, we were out of bread. So I thought maybe a trip to Target was in order.

And it did help, for a while, but then as we walked out of the bread aisle, he spotted a sign out of the corner of his eye, jumped off the side of the cart, ran over to it, and pointed it out to me.

Before I could even see what he was showing me, he started freaking out. The sign was clearly upsetting him. But he wouldn't walk away.

Notice the splotchy, tear stained face?

Finally, the only thing that got him to walk away was the promise of a cookie in the bakery.

So, what sign in Target could possibly cause this kind of reaction?

Apparently this one.

I'm still not sure why.

Strong craving for a steak?

Paralyzing fear of shrimp?

He's recently become a vegetarian and had ethical issues with the display of dead carcasses for all to see?

We might never know.

1 comment:

Jill P. said...

So funny! That is definitely one of the times when you wish you could read your child's mind.