I did better than last week- but not what I was hoping for of course. 2.3 pounds. For a grand total of 14. That's where I wanted to be last week. Half way through this challenge. Not 5 weeks into a 8 week challenge.
If I were able to meet my goals every week, I would have lost 28 pounds. That number was pretty exciting. And then I had that great week, and Glenda said "wow! I bet you lose 35 pounds- EASY." and then the number in my head jumped to 35, and the end result picture of myself in my head was looking pretty dang good.
With just three weeks left, that 28 pound loss is fast becoming beyond my reach. (35 evaporated a week ago) Now I am praying for 25, but worrying it might be only 20.
I know, I know. Realistic goals. blah blah blah. And what's that phrase? "Slow and steady wins the race"?
At first I balked at the 4 pound a week goal. "4 pounds? are you serious? doesn't everybody say a healthy weight loss is one to two pounds a week?"
But then I thought, "maybe by giving up breads and stuff, which I have NEVER done before, maybe, just maybe, it is doable."
And so although only 6 weeks ago, I would have been thrilled with a two pound loss in a week, this week I am a little frustrated.
Big picture. yeah, yeah. I know. That's what the guy who weighed me in and tries to kill me on a nearly daily basis said today.
I'm still shooting for 6 pounds next week. I've added extra workouts to my schedule and substituted some of the yummy fruits (my only edible joy) for more vegetables in my diet.
It sucks eating solely for fuel rather than pleasure. Speaking of which, I am eagerly anticipating the arrival of a new cookbook from Amazon any day now. Rose Levy Berenbaum's "Rose's Heavenly Cakes". It's all the rage on food blogs these days. I had to get it.
I just had a disturbing realization. (and please stop reading now if you are easily offended- no seriously, stop reading now, I mean it)
All these food blogs, and cookbooks, and magazines are like food porn to me. I can't have it, so I just want to look at the pictures and fantasize about eating all those cakes and cookies and pies and tarts and potatoes and pasta and chocolate (I actually took a candy bar out of a friend's purse so I could smell it- we were standing there talking and it was sticking out- and I couldn't help myself. I didn't want to cheat and eat it, I just wanted to hold it and smell it.)
See? I told you. Disturbing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So sorry I put the phrase food porn into your mind. I didn't think it was offensive, but I also don't think about offending people! I am the devil.
I have been reading your weekly weight loss updates...they are so funny!
Food porn-haha! I had a friend who went on a rather long cleanse (I want to say 12 weeks) and she would smell food she couldn't eat all the time. She said the smell was enough to get her through.
Post a Comment