Thursday, March 27, 2008

Enchanted

Okay, so yeah I'm a dork and not just because I've always loved Disney movies (and pretty much anything else Disney) but I had to share this, and even as I am typing I am thinking that maybe everyone else already knows this stuff, but I felt pretty cool figuring it out all by my self.

So the other day when our friends were in town we put the kids to bed and Mindy and I made the hubbies stay up late and watch Enchanted with us. So we loved the movie, (I'd seen it before) but still laughed and grossed out at the cockroaches and the hair from the sink made me want to hurl, and that's when I decided that I needed to put the "Happy cleaning song" on my blog , but I'm getting off the subject.

Earlier that day Mindy was flipping through my "Grimmerie" and she pointed out to me that Elphaba (Idina Menzel) was Nancy from Enchanted. No way! So we watched it that night, and I was paying extra attention to see if she would sing or just be in the soundtrack which I don't think she is, but was disappointed, so anyways as I was watching the credits roll by I notice that Paige O'Hara is in the credits as Angela. Who? I met her once and have her autograph and she was the voice of Belle from Beauty and the Beast. So that got me thinking, They pulled all these elements from other Disney Princess movies, they couldn't do them all, so what if they had a bunch of cameos of other princesses? Guess what?! they did! So they had Jodi Benson (Ariel) she was Sam, and even Pocahontas was in it (can't remember her real name, she was some pregnant mom though ) The only actress they didn't get was Lea Salonga who was both Mulan and Jasmine. So now you know what I just wasted an hour of my day doing....

2 comments:

STACEY said...

Now I am going to have to go watch the movie again! That's so neat!

Rachel said...

Goood info! Who knew? I thought I recognized Nancy but I couldn't place it. Not that I've seen her but I have in pics. Very cool!