Friday, March 7, 2008
sugar hangover
So I rolled out of bed at 7:00 am this morning feeling like a truck had hit me. A big one. My body ached all over. It hurt from my head to my toes. I'm not sick, and it's not the flu. It's the ice cream from DQ, the girl scout cookies, the cake at Zach's soccer party (but it was just a little piece, and I dropped half of it), and the Easter M&M's and Starburst Jelly beans I munched on before bed last night. (My guess is those little buggers are what really kicked my tail this morning). So begins the vicious cycle all over again of my life-long battle with sugar addiction. I feel like garbage now, but I'll have a hard time staying away this afternoon. Good thing I polished off those thin mints yesterday. A couple weeks ago I bought this little bottle of roll-on stuff from Bath and Body Works. You roll it on your wrists and it smells like grapefruit and fennel and it's supposed to help you with cravings. They had other ones for stress and headaches, but I knew this day would come so that's the one I bought. Hopefully my $10 will be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Why do we do that kind of stuff to ourselves! I'm the same way. I love sugar in any form
I could use some more of those Thin Mints right about now. I was trying to be so good only buying 2 boxes. That was dumb. It just gave me a taste of wanting more. Oh well. Next year i'll have to buy more.
You won't find any help here. Good luck with that.
:)
Post a Comment