I did get myself another box of thin mints and John needed more Samoas, but I think my jeans will be happy to see the end of the boxes of cookies as well. This year it was all about the Thin Mints for me. That is totally weird because it has ALWAYS been all about the Samoas. Before Madison was a girl scout, I was always picking up just another box at every cookie stocked card table I came across. So Madison joined girl scouts last year and I did my part by buying a bunch from my new favorite Brownie, and I bought thin mints as well. I stuck ALL the boxes in the freezer hoping that would deter me, it does a bit with the Samoas, you could break your teeth on those babies, but I discovered just how divine Frozen Thin mints are. The irony of it is is that Thin Mints in the pantry are no where near as tempting as they are straight from the freezer. However, I did learn a little tip from another brownie mom and she said you take a frozen Samoa and stick it in the microwave for 7 seconds and it is all gooey and heavenly. Haven't tried it yet. But I will.
I'm glad Madison is having so much fun with girl scouts. She totally loves it. I belonged to a troop for a short while, but I don't even think I earned a badge. I had doll parts and material and stuffing in my closet for years and years, waiting to be a doll, but I don't sew, and it was an ugly doll, and that's the only thing I remember attempting to do. Then the leader moved, and I had no desire to be in a troop where I didn't know any body so I quit.
Of course Madison was baptized last December so she's involved in Activity days as well, but between them both she gets to do about as much as the cub scouts, so she can stay involved in each as long as she wants.

No comments:
Post a Comment