Saturday, March 1, 2008

Zach's first kiss

I think Zach has his first girlfriend. She's this cute little blonde named Natalie on his soccer team. They've been flirting off and on for the past few weeks, you know the way five year olds do, mostly chasing each other around when they are supposed to be paying attention to the coach. Well according to John, on Thursday, she just totally planted one on him right smack on the lips. He giggled. There was more giggling and blushing today when I asked him if she was his girlfriend. "(giggle, giggle, I don't know, giggle giggle") Normally I discourage this kind of behavior, the other kids aren't even supposed to look at the opposite sex until they are 27, (While reading this, Nick burst out "27!?!? you said 16!!!!") but she's so cute. Well, Nick might tell you about another blonde named Natalie that he's thinking about marrying. They have been friends since before they could walk. She lives in Utah and will be moving to Oregon shortly, and while I would be pleased as punch if anything did pan out, I'm not overly concerned this early in life. So I took my camera to the game today. (so sad when you realize AFTER you take a bunch of pictures that your kid needs a haircut.) I took a bunch of them together, (they seemed to gravitate together) and there's one of Zach playing goalie. He's been looking forward to it all week.

No comments: