Thursday, March 6, 2008

Total Pushover

Total Pushover. That's me. I'm sure by now Zach is figuring out that getting surgery might not be so bad since it comes with a bunch of other benefits.

me- "Zach, do you want to go to school today?"

Zach-"No."

Me - "What do you want to do?"

Zach- "can I go play with my friends?"

Me- "no, if we don't go to school, we don't get to play with our friends."

Zach- (thinking) '"can we go get some ice-cream?"

Me- "Sure. Where? Sonic?"

Zach- "No. Dairy Queen. At the new mall."

Me- (thinking quickly- it's right next to an outdoor play area, which both he and Christopher will want to play there, and he is staying home from school because of the surgery, so I'm thinking running around a play area is not such a hot idea) "What about gelato? You want to go and get some gelato? (a favorite around here)"

Zach- "No, I really, really want to go to Dairy Queen. Pleeeeeease mom." (big puppy dog eyes)

Me- (sighing) "well okay."

So off we go to the mall so Zach can get vanilla ice-cream in a cup. (seriously that's all he really wanted- cause apparently you can't get plain vanilla ice-cream anywhere else except DQ) Of course they both played at the play area til a dragged Christopher away kicking and screaming, and Zach managed to detour me into the Disney Store to pick up a couple extra prizes. (He's obsessed with the movie Cars- my true fear is that he may grow up into a Nascar fan or something). As a last minute thought I brought my camera because the kids area would be a fun place to take some pictures, (and I know I won't be able to keep them away) but I forgot to change the batteries in my camera. I took the dead ones out and threw them away, but forgot to replace them.

The silver lining to this whole thing is that I ran into a good friend of mine, Allison, that I haven't seen in like 6 months or more. I say good friend, but what kind of lousy friend am I that it has been so long? She lives 2 minutes away. She had a baby last September which I saw for the first time today. I've meant to stop by. Really. I've called and left a message once or twice... What's that saying? "the road to hell is paved with good intentions?"

No comments: