I'm not sure exactly when the tradition started, but Saturday is now Pancake day around here. John being the morning person, while I am so not, started making breakfast for the kids on Saturdays. Generally pancakes, but it's not rare to get french toast, eggs, bacon, or sausage as well. I think what finally cemented it as a full blown family tradition, was when one Saturday, we decided we were much too busy, and cold cereal would be good enough, and Zach totally upset, exclaimed, "But we HAVE to! It's Saturday! It's Pancake Day!" and thus it became official. Of course I don't get off the hook if John is out of town, but Saturday seems to be the one day he is in town, so that's not too often. (oh and please don't look at the mess that is my family room, thanks.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So do you do deliveries? What a fun tradition. We always eat lasagne on Sundays but that's mostly because it is super easy.
I love traditions!
Post a Comment