"No way. It's supposed to snow like 10 inches or something.""So. You know how to drive in snow."
"It's supposed to get down to like 8 degrees."
"Doesn't your car have a heater?"
"Well, yeah, and the heated seats are pretty nice. But I don't want to. It's still too cold out."
"What are you some kind of wimp?'
"Yes."
Remember how I said he hasn't left the building since he got there? Well, he's the guy walking around in layers- undershirt, t-shirt, sweater, and a fleece jacket that never comes off. (He said he's seen people walking around in t-shirts and shorts) He confessed that people keep asking him where he's from.
Before he was from Arizona, he was from the cold, and snow, and winters where the temperatures dipped below zero, and skiing black diamonds courses, and hiding behind snow piles to throw snowballs at cars, and sledding, and shoveling snow, and spending all day out in it, and driving in snowstorms, and laughing at people who were from warmer climates who had a hard time adjusting.
Oh how the mighty have fallen. I told him I was gonna blog about it. His response was "Who can you make fun of if you can't make fun of your husband?" Guess I have no room to talk. Those seat warmers in my car are really nice when the temps dip below 60. At any rate, he's looking forward to being back home in the valley of the sun tomorrow.

3 comments:
Are those pictures from CONNECTICUT? Their tourist department needs a serious PR makeover. I think I just decided that I will NEVER go to Connecticut.
I feel his pain!
Holy Crap! Thats a lot of ice! How do people survive in that? I sympathize with your husband.
Post a Comment