I think I could take a page out of Christopher's book on enthusiasm.
When faced with getting dressed for the day, my attitude is "But WHY? Why do I have to get dressed? I don't wanna. My pajama pants are just so much more comfy. I think everybody should wear them. All the time." My goal is to have at least one pair for every day of the week. And socks and shoes? Fuhgettaboutit. Only when it's really really cold do I like to wear socks, and then they better be cute. Stripes and polkadots and bright colors or at the very least super fuzzy and soft.
Yesterday while I was getting ready for the gym, I had my own personal cheerleader as I got dressed-
"Yay! shirt!...Yay! pants!...Yay! socks!...Yay! shoes!..."
I'd be tempted to say that he's just tired of seeing me walk around in my pajamas all day, or he's excited because he knows this means he gets to go to the gym too, but he has the same attitude in other areas of his life as well. Like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
If I am eating a pb&j it's because nothing else sounded appealing and I just need to eat something quick. My attitude is generally along the lines of "Ugh. Great. Nothing sounds good. I don't have time to make something that actually does sound appetizing. Fine. I'll just eat a pb&j. Whatever."
Christopher has a slightly better attitude- "Yay! Sandy!" (Sandwich) And then when I serve it to him on his favorite plastic Blue's Clues plate, his response is "Yay! Blue!"
And let's not forget nearly everything else-
Brushing his teeth- "Yay! Teeth!"
Finding his blankie on the floor where he left it- "Yay! Blankie!"
Getting a sippy cup with milk- "Yay! Milk"
Going for a drive in the car- "Yay! car!"
and on, and on, and on...
I really have no idea where he gets it from. Obviously not me.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay Christopher! Way to have a postive attitude toward the everyday, mundane things of life.
Post a Comment