
Sidenote- not an actual pic of my car- I found this one on the Internet, which was pretty impressive because as these cars aren't necessarily considered "classics", the pickings were pretty slim. I'm super impressed with myself that I actually found a picture of a yellow one. This one is identical to the one I drove.
Anyway, since I was a little girl I wanted vanity plates for my car. For years and years vanity plates could only have 6 letters and/or numbers and since my name was seven letters long, I solved that problem with a little creativity. By the time I got my first car, they had changed it so vanity plates could have seven letters, but I had been dreaming of what mine would say for years by that point-
KIRS10
Pretty clever, eh?
Believe it or not, many people couldn't figure it out.
"Kirsten is #10?"
"Kirsio?"
One guy once told me at work he spent his entire smoke break sitting in his car staring at my license plate until he figured it out.
But, then one day after months of not changing the oil, the stupid engine seized up on me on the freeway and that was the end of that car.
I kept the license plate, it is buried in a box in my garage somewhere, but never had in transferred to another car. I let Kirs10 die with the car.
What got on this particular stroll down memory lane was the other day I happened to be stopped behind someone at a red light with a vanity plate of their own-
TM 2PLY
Team two ply? Does someone love their toilet paper that much that they are advertising it on their car? If there is a team for 2 ply, is there a team for single ply? I've heard about being picky about your toilet paper, but this is a little bit ridiculous.
And just before the traffic light changed colors, a light bulb went on in my own head-
"Oh! Time to play. Oh. Well. I guess that makes more sense. Huh. I think I liked the crazy toilet paper enthusiast scenario better."

1 comment:
love strolls down memory lane. I want mine to say HIXON8R, but someone said it sounds like hixon hater. o well.
Post a Comment