On my own

view of Alcatraz from the ferry boat
pretending he's beside me
On Alcatraz
all alone
Inside Alcatraz. Really interesting stuff.
I walk with him 'til evening.
Inside a jail cell
without him,
burnt out building on the island (the Warden's mansion- I think)
I feel his arms around me
view of Golden Gate Bridge from cruise of the Bay (so stinkin' cold)
And when I lose my way I close my eyes and check my map
Another view of the Bridge
In the fog,
Cable car on a turn-around. Rode those a lot. Also got pretty good at traveling by bus.
The pavement shines like silver
Museum of Modern Art. Normally not too interested in modern art, but they had an Ansel Adams/Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit.
All the lights are misty in the river (uh, I mean the bay)
Coit Tower
In the city, the streets are full of panhandlers
View of the city from Coit Tower
and all I see is him and me forever and forever.
Tutankhamen exhibit at the de Young museum. Just FYI, Tut isn't actually there. Just a bunch of his stuff. I was a little disappointed.
And I know it's only in my mind
The de Young Museum.
That I'm talking to myself and not to him
Pretty rose garden in the park. The smell was amazing.
And although I know that he is at his conference,
Legion of Honor (another museum)
Still I say there's a way for us.
"The Thinker" by Rodin.
I love him,
A Monet painting.
But when breakfast is over,
A view of Lombard Street (the crookedest street in the world) in the distance
he is gone,
Sourdough bread creatures at Boudin Bakery.
The river's just a river (I mean, the bay again)
They had these hearts all over the city. Different artists designed them as a benefit for a children's hospital. Pretty neat.
The trees are bare, and everywhere, the streets are full of panhandlers...
(Bonus ponts for whoever can tell me what that sculpture by Rodin has to do with the
song lyrics in this post)
2 comments:
Extra points? How about some sugar cookies? Let's see....Rodin did a bronze statue of Victor Hugo, who is the author of Les Miserables, which is where the song lyrics are from. Do I win? Do I? :)
Hey! Victor Hugo was my guess. Please don't tell me you saw Les Miserables when you were there too. I will cry.
Post a Comment