Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vernal, Utah

I never thought that a place like Vernal, Utah would be a place I would like to visit, but it has become so in recent years. I think it has more to do with the company than the actual location itself.
When we first moved to Arizona we were fortunate enough to move across the street from the Brooksby's. Our kids became fast friends, and Nolan and Mindy became dear friends to John and I.

By the time life had us moving out of that neighborhood, and Nolan took a job as an ER doctor in Vernal, it was far from good-bye. It's been five years since we've lived across the street from each other, but we've managed to see each other more than half a dozen times since then.

We had a good time spending the week with them. It was originally supposed to only be for a few days, but 3 days turned into 5 before we headed back down to the Salt Lake valley.

Nolan helped Nick to catch his very first fish ever (they actually caught two!) in the creek that runs in front of their house. That was the last requirement for Nick's fishing merit badge.
We went swimming at the rec center where Mindy teaches swim team. (I forgot my camera- but it was a really fun pool)

We rented a raft and took the kids for their first ever rafting trip down the green river. All but Christopher thought it was a blast. I think Christopher thought we were nuts. Sorry no pictures there either- but this time I decided that I had already pushed my luck dropping my camera off a chair lift, and I didn't think it would fare so well in the water.

Besides the fireworks and the parade which I mentioned before, the kids played in their massive yard, (when we could tear them away from the wii) Mindy and I shopped at the one store they have in town (two if you count the chocolate store) and the guys golfed several times.

The kids got to see a baby goat, (also called a kid) as Mindy and Nolan borrowed a goat from somebody to keep the grass and weeds under control in the back yard. She (the mama goat) was pregnant when they borrowed her, so now they have a funny little baby goat bouncing around the back lot. Madison was in love.
So you see, Vernal Utah has become a favorite place for the kids (and us parents) to hang out.

1 comment:

Rees Family said...

This post just makes me sad.