We've been pretty busy around here. And so although I am nearly a week late, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. We've been pretty busy around here with the grandparents and cousins visiting. Some things included- ice skating, swimming, hiking, eating out, cooking, baking, shopping, Nick's birthday, playing on the Wii, and just general family togetherness. I got to see 2 out of three of my brothers, and the kids got to spend time with 3 out of 4 grandparents.
Nick turned 12 and is officially a deacon now, and I will need to resist the urge to bring a camera to church next Sunday when he will be passing the sacrament for the first time.


Christmas morning was fun and exciting, and the kids seemed excited about their gifts. Madison didn't get the ice-skates she asked for, but would sleep in her new roller skates if we let her. Nick did find a small lump of coal in his stocking. It must have something to do with those grades of his, because other than that he's a great kid. (He wants me to erase the last couple of sentences, I told him he was lucky I didn't make him pose for a picture.)
We all went ice-skating, and I would like to report that I remained upright the entire time. I even tried my hand at backwards skating. My 5 year old niece Claire is quite the little skater and was skating rings around the rest of us.




The kids hiked up Camelback mountain with their grandparents and cousins, John and I weren't feeling so great so we stayed home. We made it down to the Casa Grande Ruins yesterday, and had a good time, but my beloved camera decided halfway through the trip that it was going to get creative with my pictures. Now they look like my camera was either experimenting with crazy photoshop tools, or hallucinogenic drugs. Apparently what this means now is that it is pretty much worthless. John has a camera I shall be claiming as my own from now on, but I liked mine and shall mourn the loss of it. I am faced with the decision of looking into SLR's, which scare me, or decide whether another point and shoot is for me.






The kids ate their fill of Swedish pancakes each and every morning, courtesy of their Grandma Tucker (John's mom). We went out to eat several times, and my mom and I cooked and baked quite a bit, some of which I actually blogged about on my other blog, but of course there wasn't time for it all, so there were at least half a dozen recipes we didn't get to. Dangit. Now I am faced with the conflicting desires to bake and make desserts and actually put some effort into my standard new year's resolution to lose weight.
The last of our out of town guests left this morning, and we are being the slave drivers that we are and making the kids clean their rooms and put away their presents, while I sit at the computer and blog. We did promise to take them to a movie later today, but at the rate chores are being done, I'm seriously doubting it will ever happen.
We have no plans yet for tonight, I haven't thought that far in advance. I'm sure John will be in bed by 8:30. Party pooper.
2 comments:
Wow you have been busy. What a fun and memorable break for your kids. Congrats Nick!
What fun times with extended family!
Post a Comment