Monday, July 20, 2009

My first job


I hated the job itself, but whenever I am in town I always have to stop in for a Golden Burger, fries and fry sauce.

I was a cashier at a local hamburger place for a year. A whole stinking year. I think that was some kind of record. The pay was lousy, but at least my complexion was bad from all the grease. (and that is coming from a 33 year old who still has issues with zits.)

I thought about taking a picture of the burger that brings me back year after year, but they burnt it.

(Coincidentally - Misty, Charity, and Jamie all worked with me there at some point. They were smart though, and didn't last as long as me)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok I'm loving your posts. This might possibly be the longest vacation ever though!!!

Unknown said...

Ditto... are you almost done with your trip?

Kirsten said...

about one more week. should be back around aug 3...

Shelly said...

I agree with Rachel..you have been on this vacation forever :) Are you stopping here on your way back?

Kirsten said...

yes ma'am. -if that's okay.(we'll be in touch)

Misty said...

I think I fondly remember those days of working there! UGH, the grease. But oh so yummy! We should have went there for lunch yesterday!