So I know you are all waiting with baited breath to see how I did this week- and I am proud to say that I made my goal, and even lost an additional two pounds.
But in the interest of honesty, earlier this week when I said my goal was four pounds a week, I didn't mention the first week my goal was only one pound, and the other seven were four pounds loss each week.
Why only one pound? I have a couple of theories- for starters it was a shorter week. I did the initial weigh in Monday night, and started the program on Tuesday, then weighed in on Friday morning. So really, we're only talking about three days. Also, I think it's a motivational thing. Make you feel good that first week, that maybe this is doable so you keep trying.
Also there was that whole issue with me not being able to move. And we all know the formula for weight loss is - Eat Less + Move More. And while the eating less part was going pretty well for me, the moving more part got thrown out the window. Instead of finding excuses to use the stairs to throw in a little extra exercise here and there, I would send my kids to fetch whatever thing I needed while I sat in the comfort of the recliner. If something fell to the floor, it got left there unless someone else picked it up. etc. So maybe I'm wrong (and I probably am, because the trainers seem to thrive on the pain of others) but maybe they knew the first week would be tough all around, and made the goal a little more reasonable.
Still, three pounds in three days is pretty good for me. I'll take what success I can get, I hear it only gets harder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good for you!!! Keep it up!! I have P90X you can borrow. LOL!! (I'm not even ready for that!)
Three pounds in three days is awesome. Way to go!
Congrats!
Great job Kirsten!! I too am hoping to lose some weight and am joining a gym. I'm currently doing the free 14 day trial. I've been twice so far and did a step class and a yoga class. I'm hoping to make it to another class at 6:30 tomorrow morning. It's super close to my house and is for women only and I'm pretty excited about it. The no bread would be really hard for me too. I rarely eat white bread, but must have my whole wheat toast.
Oooh, I just discovered Celestial Seasonings Apple Cinnamon Herbal Tea. It's really yummy and I've never found an herbal tea that I've liked before. I don't even need to add an sweetener to it and it has 0 calories. You probably don't require as many hot drinks as I do down there in sunny AZ, but it's been really cold here in P.C.
Post a Comment