After getting into Germany a couple hours later than expected, having to struggle with the rental car people (they were trying to dump one on us without a GPS- which was a non-negotiable issue with us) we finally were on the road and headed to Heidelberg.
Heidelberg probably isn't on very many people's "top ten" sights in Germany. It's a nice little college town at best, has a river running through it, 
has a hilltop fortress,
and a quaint, (read- touristy) old town. 

We walked around, ate some gelato, bought some gummi bears, and headed back to the hotel for a nap. (Jet lag and crappy sleep on an airplane)
The weather is a little warmer than we would like. (June was positively gorgeous 2 years ago.) I found myself just wanting a tall glass of ice water. But alas, ice seems to be an endangered species, and most bottles of water are carbonated.
Tomorrow John will be working all day, so I will be on my own. I have a car (with a GPS and airconditioning) a couple of travel guides (even though I left my phrase book at home- doh!) so I should be able to keep myself entertained this week.

2 comments:
How exciting! Have fun tomorrow.
How exciting! Glad you are having such fun.
Post a Comment