A few last things I wanted to share-



This chick intrigued me. From her black Mary Jane flats, to her hair pulled back in a bun, to her umbrella and purse. Everything about her was plain and practical. I think she was actually an English nanny from the 50's.
We thought Maddie would like this building. I guess over the years it has served as a brewery, housing for soldeirs, and horse stables.
And just because we couldn't resist-
We took a little scenic boat tour on the Neckar river. It was nice.


That's about it. We're leaving Heidelberg and are off to Austria for the weekend. It's supposed to rain. :(
I went back to the castle this morning to see a production of Alice in Wunderland. I think I was one of a dozen adults there.
The play was pretty entertaining. At least I knew the story line, so the whole language barrier thing wasn't too much of a problem. I think I was more interested in the "artistic liberties" of the production. I realize this is totally un-PC to say, but I think sometimes Germans can be weird. (But generally really nice- when I got in trouble for taking pictures, the girl was super nice about it) That's Alice in the red and black.
I hate parking. I'd never survive here in my Suburban. I tried to park in FOUR different stalls before finally making into this one without hitting anything. (just to clarify- I didn't actually hit anything, but I couldn't seem to get in to the stall without- make sense?) 
My dinner the other night. (The 100 degree day) It's spaghetti. That's a respectable dinner, right? So what if it's made out of ice-cream? (I've eaten gelato every single day so far- I think that is my goal to not go a day without gelato.- Worthy goal, don't you think?)
John's Mezzo mix. It's like Coke and Orange Fanta got married and had a baby. He loves it. (and craves it in the states.)
From the boat (and everywhere else) you could see all these mansions sitting on the other side of the river. Some were gorgeous. I wanted to know if they were all still single residences, or had they been converted to apartments, B&B's, offices, etc?

1 comment:
it all sounds so romantic.
Post a Comment