It was a couple hours drive, but the scenery can't be beat and, well, it was a fun drive. John rented a fancy little brand new BMW, and I felt myself smiling as I sped past others on the autobahn. (driving on the freeway might be a joy, but through town is a little scary, and parking is a downright nightmare)
So, like I said, the scenery couldn't be beat. This is Bavaria- fairy tale country. The land that inspired the Brothers' Grimm- who went on to inspire many Disney movies. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty... Rounding a corner and finding a little village nestled in a little valley, surrounded by forests, and green hills, sometimes with a castle or fortress overlooking it all, it's not too difficult to believe in fairy tales.
After arriving in Rothenburg I meandered aimlessly through the streets.
Checked out the buildings, 

ate at a cafe (notice no ice in my Coke- I was serious when I said it was an endangered species over here)
shopped,
people watched,
went to the Crime and Punishment museum and learned all about the cheery subject of medieval forms of torture, 
walked along the fortress wall,
took a step back in time, and generally enjoyed myself (and the view)

2 comments:
Yeah! Such a cute place. I would love to go there:)
take a pic of your cute speedy car!
Post a Comment