What? Never heard of it? Me neither. It's not even a dot on any of my travel guide books. It's basically a little town that exists to provide off-base housing for US soldiers. Or so I've gathered anyway.
But the drive getting there was lovely.
At least in the Alpine region.
In case I haven't mentioned it, I LOVE that area.
I made John stop at the Biberweir luge. (Alpine slide) I thought I'd give the Alps one last chance to redeem themselves in that aspect. And this time they didn't disappoint. My only regret was that I didn't give the guy in front of me enough time before I took off, I had to keep slowing down as to not crash into him. There was a pretty cool hill where John and I were both like "Dude! did you catch some air on that hill?! That was awesome!"

Afterwards, I took a bunch of pictures out of the window of the car as John drove. Who knows when I will be back?
I loved the green pastures with the wildflowers and the ruggedness of the mountains in the background. Very postcard-ish.
There were all these fields with dozens (or more) little barns/sheds in them. I found these fascinating.
With the fields and the flowers, and the mountains, and the blue skies, and the cowbells, it was almost enough to make me feel like yodeling.
Almost.
Oh, and on a random note, we stopped at a gas station for some travel munchies, (coke for me, Mezo mix for John, and we thought we'd give these a try. Near as we can tell, it's a bag of crunchy, deep fried peanut butter thingies.


No comments:
Post a Comment