Friday, July 16, 2010

In Austria

Just thought I'd post super quick, since the internet is costing 13 cents a minute here. We made it to Austria and are staying in a little town named Hall. Besides having an awesome name, it's about halfway between everything we want to see.

The Alps are amazing. Even with the cloud cover, and the darkening skies, I am at a loss for words.

We ate dinner in a ski resort town called Garmish-Partenkirchen. John has been wanting to make a pilgrimage there since his middle school teacher taught him all about it. (She was from there.)

John is very proud of his speed record in our car on the autobahn- 240 kmh or about 150 mph.
(My personal record is only 210 kmh or 130 mph) Of course, we were passed by a Ferrari like we were standing still a little bit later.

That's about it for now, I'll try and update later, and add lots of pics when it won't cost a fortune.

No comments: