First we attempted to take a family picture in the idyllic setting of the mountains by their cabin, and here's a reminder of how that went.
Corrine assured me her pictures were better and will send me a copy. (basically we just had John's mom take all the pictures with everyone's camera. Apparently Christopher was being thoughtful and only stuck his hands down his pants for my camera.)
After lunch at Burger Supreme in Provo ( nearly identical to the first place I worked, Apollo Burger) we took in a movie. We split up at this point because they wanted to see Eclipse, but I had already seen it, didn't want my kids to see it, and none of us had seen Toy Story 3 yet, so that's what we did. I don't take my kids to movies very often. Like, EVER.
Ok, I lied. I did take them to see "How to Train Your Dragon" a couple weeks ago. But even though the theater was pretty empty, I was reminded why I don't take my kids to see movies. Especially the youngest one.
The older ones fighting over the popcorn didn't help either.
So anyway, we saw Toy Story 3. I loved it. Zach thought it was too scary. Christopher slept through half of it. (thank goodness) and I think everyone else loved/liked it alot.
We didn't get popcorn.
After the movie, we stopped at Farr's for ice-cream, luckily even though they only had a dozen or so flavors at this location, they still had John's favorite Root Beer ice-cream so we can cross that off our to-do list.
In the evening we sent Nick and Maddie off with their cousins to see Carrie Underwood at the Stadium of Fire. (4th of July being on a Sunday, and the Stadium of Fire being at BYU, naturally the festivities were moved to Saturday) Maddie thought she (Carrie Underwood) was pretty. Nick could tell you exactly how many minutes she sang. But they both thought the fireworks were awesome, and had fun hanging out with their cousins.
Grandma brought them home bright and early in the morning in time for church. Ü

1 comment:
Carrie Underwood AND Stadium of fire....luckies!!
Post a Comment